The Monticello Neighborhood Association has been informed by our contact within the City of Fort Worth that construction to replace the Monticello Park playground equipment is scheduled to begin on Monday, October 30th.
Below are details of what we know about the project and how it could impact those using Monticello Park:
- The City is providing all new equipment as part of a City-wide update to non-compliant parks and recreational facilities.
- The construction will last 3-4 months.
- During construction, the entire playground portion of the park, including the toddler swings, will be blocked off and unusable to the public.
- There will still be access to the tennis courts and the large, empty field (closest to Monticello Drive) during construction.
- We understand that in addition to new playground equipment, the City will also be replacing the gravel with compressed wood chips.
- The City is planning to do concrete work on the sidewalks.
- At the conclusion of the project, MNA is going to plant new trees to provide additional shade to the playground area.
As we get more details, MNA will pass them along to our membership. In the meantime, please do not schedule any events for the park effective October 30th.