The members of the Monticello Neighborhood Association should be apprised of the fact that zoning changes are being proposed along the White Settlement corridor.
- The proposed changes will likely effect residential density and traffic close to and adjacent to our neighborhood.
- The first of these new zoning changes are proposed to go before the Residential Zoning Commission this coming Wednesday.
- At some point in the future, the recommendations of the zoning commission will go before the City Council for approval or disapproval.
- Ideally the members of our community will stay informed about these zoning changes since they will have a significant impact on Monticello and other close neighborhoods.
- At this point, it is difficult to determine why we need a proposed general zoning change when there is always the opportunity for a more specific zoning change in the future should it be warranted.
We will keep you posted on updates as we get them.